The Kitchen Manager is a fundamental part of Violet Crown Cinemas’ management team and is responsible for all aspects of the kitchen, including all kitchen operations, kitchen staff development, and weekly analysis of sales and COGS. The KM’s main priority is to achieve optimal product, staffing and financial results, including the development of processes to support this priority.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EFFECTIVE BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
• Maintain and control inventory by properly ordering and receiving products, ensuring invoice accuracy.
• Ensure kitchen is prepped, stocked, and staffed to meet customer demand.
• Ensure waste is minimized and properly reported.
• Verify product consistency through constant recipe adherence, line checks and appropriate portion control.
• Responsible for staff scheduling, using forecasting and labor tools.
• Weekly analysis of food sales, margins, COGs, and labor costs.
• Maintain an upbeat, energetic presence throughout shift.
• Ensure that all our critical equipment is maintained and operational at all times.
• Set high expectations for food quality by maintaining regular training and ensuring pristine cleanliness, organization, appropriate food storage and sanitation standards.
• Ensure a safe working environment to reduce the risk of incident, injury and food handling related issues.
• Consistently review ticket times, ensuring all food is made and delivered within the allotted time frame to meet company standards.
• Assume responsibility for developing seasonal menu changes, and develop/maintain a catering menu.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
• Prepare and coach staff on daily prep lists, using proper inventory practices, proper preparation and guidelines for all menu items, including new menu and special items.
• Properly delegate daily responsibilities to other kitchen staff in order to complete necessary tasks. Follow up accordingly.
• Cross-train staff to aid in the scheduling process and in the management of labor costs.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT AND COMPLIANCE
• Responsible for compliance of all city/state licensing requirements.
• Responsible for interviewing and hiring kitchen staff according to Violet Crown Cinema standards (all hires must be approved by GM).
• Responsible for conducting timely Performance Reviews with staff, ensuring on-going staff development for advanced positions.
• Actively participate in manager meetings.
• Conduct monthly kitchen meetings, shift meetings every day, and keep staff informed on new developments and upcoming events.
• Ensure appropriate communication between FOH team and BOH team.
• Solicit help from FOH management when necessary.
• Must communicate weekly analysis outcomes to GM.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for an experienced Kitchen Manager that is passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences through maintaining the quality standards we have developed for our menu items and delivering them consistently and timely, all while managing the profitability of the kitchen, taking into account all aspects of the kitchen operation as a business (labor costs, COGS, consistent and timely delivery of high quality menu items, keeping menu fresh and interesting and inviting, and, importantly, increasing kitchen sales) all of which is required to achiever our goals and expectations, which is outstanding customer service and a profitable and growing business. Candidates must have a minimum of two years of managerial experience in a high-volume kitchen with fluid menu offerings. Ideal candidates are comfortable working in an environment with a sense of urgency and discipline in a growing business environment. Given the nature of the job responsibilities, this position requires evening and weekend availability, and a minimum of 45 hours per work week is expected. Most of the KM’s shifts will be spent working in the kitchen as the Lead Chef. Office shifts will be scheduled as needed to address weekly sales and COGS analysis, food ordering, and labor scheduling. It also requires that the KM be reasonably accessible by phone and email 24 hours a day. That is to say, it will require a smart phone that is capable of keeping you in touch with us.